Translate

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Celebrating Vintage 1986

Last night, I was with Japanese customers at La Toque Restaurant in Napa.  I brought a bottle of Pichon Lalande 1986 (RP 97 Points) that I have just bought as part of a nice Bordeaux & Burgundy cellar (stay tuned - details will follow!) and decided to throw in another bottle for our dinner.  As there were 7 of us, a Magnum seemed like a good idea and I grabbed one of Cain Five that I had in stock.  I did not realize until I looked at the two bottles together that they were both of the 1986 vintage.

I decided to start with the Pichon, as I suspected that the California Cab would make it very difficult to enjoy a more subtle Bordeaux afterwards.  We were very impressed with the youthful, very elegant Pichon that showed no signs of fatigue and keep on evolving very nicely in the glass over two hours.  I feared that the Cain would be suffering from being tasted behind a Bordeaux Second Growth, but to our surprise and joy, it was very pleasant and also very youthful and multi-layered!

What a nice evening!  どうもありがとうございました! とても楽しかったです!!
#PichonLalande #Vintage1986


No comments:

Post a Comment